Is a RBBB with a shadow near the heart indicative of cancer?

Oncologist
Question
I recently had an echo and stress test due to abnormal EKG following six months of FOLFOX chemo. I was told I have RBBB and a shadow at and behind the tip of my heart. I asked if it were a possible metastasis as I have an inherited cancer syndrome. The cardiologist said it was not likely, but could be instead a blockage. I have to wait quite a while before I get a cardiac PET and I am worried. What does this sound like to you?
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PET Scan

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

In my opinion doesn’t seem like metastasis because when cancer gives metastasis to the heart it’s like pericarditis liquid which has symptoms

You said that you are under FOLFOX which contain 5 fluorouracil, having some effects to the heart like arrhythmia, infarcts of myocardium etc
Maybe the shadow it’s something related to medication side effects or RBBB

The PET scan will have the exact response in your case

Feel free to ask further

Best regards