What causes tingling and pain in legs after hip replacement?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had 2hip replacements in April and July 214 respectively
Now approx 17 months later I still suffer with pins and needles and pain in the top of both my legs
Why? and what. Can I do ton remedy this
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please tell a few details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would surely like to be of help in this regard but I need to know a few details beforehand-
1)For how many days now,you are having these symptoms?
2)Are the symptoms persistent or intermittent?
3)Do you have a history of Diabetes,Thyroid disorders,chronic alcohol intake?

It is unlikely that hip replacement has resulted in these symptoms now.This may be early stage of peripheral neuropathy.
Please follow up with details so that I can make a plan of further management for you.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 16 hours later
Correction of age-876???-Should read 87
1. Have had these problems for quite several months
2. Constant-Not much when walking but particularly when sitting down (getting up) and sleeping
3. I have never had any of the items in 3

I await your reply

Kind regards

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood sugar/vitamins supplementation/observation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing details.

In view of background history,this may be early stage neuropathy.On the other hand,anxiety or lack of essential vitamins may also be the cause.

I suggest you to get your 'blood sugar level' done to rule out any abnormalities.
Meanwhile,please start taking vitamins and anti-oxidants supplementation.
At the same time,regular mental relaxation exercises like meditation/yoga should also be on a regular schedule.

I hope to see you improving soon.

Hope that I have answered your query.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)