What causes dizziness and imbalance in a diabetic?

My husband has been diagnosed with diabetes. We have managed it through diet. One of the things he has been experiencing (which caused us to find out he was diabetic) was a dizziness and imbalance. He does not get sick to his stomach or nauseated. He s had an MRI to rule out ear problems and brain problems. This waxes and wanes and he seems to get this the same time every day. Blood monitoring shows no real spike in sugars and blood pressure is not low or outragious. What could this be? We have been told that it is from the neuropathy he experiences, but once we got the blood sugar in safe range, he was experiencing this less and less - duration, etc. Now it has returned in full force.
Thu, 8 Jul 2021

I would suggest you find a doctor that can refer him for vestibular rehabilitation therapy. All the appropriate testing has been done, from what you have listed. This is the next step.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist