question-icon

What causes pain in the lower leg radiating to the knee and tiredness?

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018
Question: Last night I had a sharp burning pain on the front of my lower leg. It passed and I went to bed. Today I woke up with the same pain but not as sharp but it seems to be spreading up to my knee. I feel extremely and unusually tired and weak. Could this be a blood clot?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Take juicy fruits like citrus fruits

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns. Although it could be due to a blood clot, the symptoms are more likely to be due to peripheral neuropathy.

I would need to ask if you are a diabetic. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 could also give rise to such a presentation. Taking Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 1500 mcg supplement per day for at least a couple of weeks should help in improving the situation.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha