What causes swollen lymphoid tissue at base of tongue?
Do not worry. its normal.
Hi, thanks for your query.
I agree with the previous specialist answer. What you see - the lymphoid tissue present at base of tongue continuous with tonsils. It is swollen because of nonspecific inflammatory changes leading to swollen lymph node in the neck. This will resolve on its own and it does not need treatment.
Cancer of tongue base in a young female is very unlikely. Globus sensation will be there as the lymphoid mass is swollen now. It should also soon settle down. So don't be concerned
Sine the lesion is not painful, not causing burning sensation you don't need any treatment.
If symptoms persists for more than 3 months, then I would order for tests - endoscopy and biopsy of the mass.
Hope my answers have helped you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lymphoid tissue in the pharynx causes
- Stds causing swollen tongue
- What causes scar tissue
- What is the cause of yellow and swollen tongue
- What std causes a swollen tongue
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- What causes heat flushes swollen tongue
- Swollen Tongue causes
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- Swollen tongue caused by meth
- What causes lump sensation in throat?
- What causes headache, lightheadedness, neck pain and spasms?
- What causes facial pain with a prickly feeling?
- What does "quantiferon is positive and infy levels 3.41 mg" mean?
- Suggest medicines for tonsillitis
- What causes tinitus?
- What causes ear pain?
- What causes Nose block, constant running nose and sneezing?
- Is it safe to take Iron,Nasal spray,Loratadine and Propepnol together?
- What causes itching in nostrils with temprature change?