What causes swelling in vagina with foul smelling discharge?

Question
I noticed white discharge coming from clitoris and after pulling back the hood a large amount of white thick discharge came out. I cleaned out all that I could and seems like more is stuck inside like a pimple with no head but when I pressed on it more white discharge came out and now my clitoris is very sensitive bleeding and purple color I assume due to the fact that I was disturbing the area.
Could this be that I have more discharge or something trapped in this area I know the clitoris does not have an opening so it has to be accumulated from vaginal discharge. My discharge had been very heavy thick and cottage cheese in appearance. I have also started with a very distinct foul smell also with this discharge. I have had yeast infections before but never like this.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infected hair follicle or infected sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The swelling with foul selling discharge that you have is likely to be due to an infected hair follicle or an infected sebaceous cyst. A bartholin's abscess also needs to be ruled out. The whitish collection is not the vaginal secretions but due to the infection inside the gland or hair follicle in the area.
In any case, it is something worth getting checked out by your OB/GYN. Looking at them in person will certainly lead to a quick and easy diagnosis.
Meanwhile you try sitz bath, means take XXXXXXX warm water in a tub add few ml of disinfectant like savlon etc in it and sit in it so that the water touches the infected part.
You can sit for 5 to 10 min, you can repeat this 2 to 3 times a day depending on the severity of the symptoms.
It will decrease pain and hastens the healing.     
Oral antibiotics and pain killers are also needed to control the infection and inflammation. Apply an antiseptic ointment like neosporin till then.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes swelling in vagina with foul smelling discharge? 2 minutes later
Should i contiue using the rx i started
Clydamiacin phospate

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you can continue using clindamycin. It will help in controlling the infection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.