What causes sudden onset of pain in jaw and neck?
Cardiac cause should be ruled out
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Even though you are relatively young to have an MI, its not impossible. The description points to a cardiac cause. You need to go to an ER immediately to get an EKG done. If the EKG is normal and no serious cause such as pulmonary embolism, Pericarditis etc is suspected then costochondritis and GERD can be looked for and treated accordingly. GERD is treated with PPIs and pro kinetics like itopride. Costochondritis is treated with Ibuprofen like NSAIDs.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of neck pain and shivering
- Sudden severe neck pain causes
- What causes sharp pain in jaw and neck
- What causes dizziness and neck pain
- What causes painful rashes on neck
- What causes sudden weight loss and pain in neck
- What causes painful jaw and neck pain
- What causes pain on jawear and neck
- What causes constant neck pain
- What can cause neck pain