What causes stomach pain, lethargy and yawing in a teenager?
diet, probiotics, gi referral
Hello and thank you for your question.
It does sound like he has some form of gastrointestinal issue. His primary care doctor can do stool studies for infection and parasites, but he probably needs to see a gi (gastrointestinal) specialist. I would get him on a diet that is free of sugar, dairy and gluten and put him on a probiotic daily. This may give him some relief after a few weeks to months.
If not ask your primary care doctor to refer him to a gi specialist.
Make sure he is eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and taking a multivitamin daily.
I hope this gets sorted out soon,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- Constant headaches lethargy stomach pain
- Stomach pains with lethargy and dizziness causes
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- Loss of appetite stomach pain lethargy
- Lethargy with stomach pain
- Headache lethargy nausea stomach pains
- Toddler stomach pain lethargy