Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Allergy issues, have nasal and ear block, pounding headache, dizziness. What other than antihistamines?

I have bad allergy problems so I am going to be tested in a couple of days to find out what my allergies are. I am not supposed to take any antihistamines for the next few days. Today I can not get any air through either side of my nose AT ALL! I have tried steam, nasal spray, vicks, spicy food and still nothing. My ears are also bothering me, and I have a pounding headache along with dizziness. What can I do or take for some relief that doesn't contain antihistamines? I feel like Im on the verge of a panic attack since I cant breathe well! Stuffy nose is the worst feeling in the world to me.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
You get food panel must checked if you are going for allergy tests
Apply neosporin H eye ointment in the nose Bd
put sea water drops i drop bd or tds in each nostril
can use brnchodilator syp for being easy as it also have effect on nose

Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for vising the H.C.M.C.
In our surrounding there are thousands of allergen present such as mite ,dust,powder,smoke, fume ,spray,pollen etc etc.
In such type of atmosphere it is not possible for a person to remain aloof from these things.
Allergy produces congestion in the breathing area of lungs that's why lumen of alveoli becomes narrow hence there is difficulty in breathing.
Stuffy nose, sneezing,whistling sound from mouth and nose are the some common complaints we have to face.
If attack of allergen is more severe than there is breathlessness.
Any how in such type of conditions you have to avoid allergen if possible.
Bronchodilators are the best treatment after the advice of doctor.
Good luck. Dr.Het.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor