What causes stinging and burning sensations in the face?

Question
I am having burning, stinging sensations on the right side of my face and in the outer corner of my right eye. There is also some feeling of numbness on the right side of my face from the outer corner of the right eye extending down to the outer right side of the lip. However, I do have feeling if I touch or poke the area. I also, at times, have a slight ear ache in my right ear. There is no drooping of the eye or face. Sometimes I feel a sharp pain going upward from above my right ear to top of the right side of my head. It doesn't last, but it just hurts for the moment. Any ideas?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably bells palsy

Detailed Answer:

You seem to have what we call as paraesthesias on the right side of the face with ear ache. Most of the symptoms you say are related to a problem called as Bell's palsy that occurs due to facial nerve infection by a virus.
There are other possibilities in diabetics, depression which present similarly but this bells palsy occurs often in elderly.
I suggest to meet a Internal Medicine / primary care doctor to check up and confirm.
Even if the doctor confirms the same, this is not a big problem and resolves on its own without treatment.
However it might also recur in future.