What causes sore throat with white spots on back of the mouth?
I need details.
Welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
Kindly provide me following details so that I can help you better:
1. Since when are you having all this?
2. What medicines have you taken?
3. How high is the fever?
4. Click , attach and send me photograph of your throat. I need to see the spots.
Revert with these details for a better help.
Dr Anshul Varshney
I can see your throat severely congested with white patches over there.
This might be a candida infection, or can be due to severe dehydration.
Since you have been taking Flagyl, this can result because of that.
Since you have no fever, i would not suggest you to take any antibiotic at present.
I advise you following:
1. To get a HIV test done.
2. To get a throat swab for Gram stain nd KOH mount.
3. To gargle with Chlorohexidine mouth wash three times a day.
4. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and domperiddone once a day.
5. To consume lots of oral fluids.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat with white spots and earache
- Ear ache sore throat fever white spots
- Adderall white spots sore throat
- How to treat a sore throat with white spots
- Sore throat with white spots and brown
- Sore throat with white spots
- Sore throat and white spots on tongue
- Sore throat white spot contiges
- Sore throat bruised tongue white spots on tonsils
- Sore throat white spots ear ache