What causes brown stool while on Florastor?
Normal effect of Probiotic
Hello XXXXXXX Healey,
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic,
The stool changes you are noticing is the normal effect of probiotic. Probiotics can make your gut environment slightly acidic so that the good bacteria can thrive and over rule the bad bacteria. This is the reason of initial side effects of Probiotics like gas, bloating, changes in stool color/consistency etc.
This will eventually go away once your gut gets used to the effects of probiotics, which is usually in 1 week. This is completely normal and nothing to be worried about.
Hope this answers your questions
Please feel free to address further questions here
XXXXXXX T. Healey
And Thank you for trusting us with your health concern
If you do not need further clarification, please rate and close this discussion.
Please feel free to address any more questions here
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes brown and black flakes in stool
- What causes light brown stool
- What is the cause of brown strands in stool
- Does florastor cause yeast infections
- What causes gray and brown stools
- What is causing bleeding while passing stools
- What causes brown string in baby stool
- What causes dark brown stool
- What causes dark brown lumpy stool
- Does florastor cause gas
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...