What causes sore throat with breathing and swallowing difficulties?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: HI for the last 6 Mos or more I continue with a sore throat and breathing and swallowing problems. It seems like food is also gething stuck on the tongue way back before I can try to swallow. Forget trying to eat spaghetti. . If I touch the tongue way back it's feels rough and raised. What could be causing thsee issues and a solition? My throat seems to stay very dry also since this began. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably you may be suffering from the chronic pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query; it suggest that most probably you may be suffering from the chronic pharyngitis.

In this condition I personally suggest to that you may go for throat swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity and take the antibiotic according to test result.

With this you also take ant acid, anti reflux medicine with hexidine mouth gargles.

Avoid cold drink, ice cream, cold water, smoking and drinking if you have.

Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad