• question-icon

What causes sore throat and headaches after oral sex?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Sir,2 weeks back my girlfriend gave me an oral sex, but there was no ejaculation. the next morning she developed headaches which continued for a week with fever and sore throat. the local doctor here prescribed her with paracetamol and cefixime 200mg tablets. after which her health condition was good, sore throat was gone and also fever was gone. now in the second week my girlfrnd had a pimple like thing below her lower lip. any chances of std ??
I did not involve with any girl in the past and my girlfriend also did not involve with anyone in the past.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
As you and your girl friend are sure about your sexual activities and stick to same partner, you need not worry about STD.

Sore throat is a common menace for any one on this earth. It can occur any point of time during our lifetime. Especially it can happen following a oral sex. Not necessarily, it could be a STD. As she responded to treatment there is nothing to worry.
The pimple like thing is also not related to either HIV infection or a STD. It could be a furuncle ( a small boil). Consult your doctor and get well.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
thank you very much doctor. that relieved some tension for me.

just a last question, have you seen the image report i have attached with this question ? Surely it is not related to STD ?

last month also we had oral sex, but everything was fine that time. This time she immediately had some bad health the very next day.
The pimple like thing in the image surely does not indicate any infection know doctor ??
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Her symptoms are not related to STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I saw the picture attached by you. I assure you that in no way that lesion is related to STD.
Nothing to worry.
Without an affair outside your relationship STD can not occur. Sore throat is caused by common bacteria and virus. It can occur to anyone at anytime through contamination. Furuncle also can occur commonly.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 13 days later
Respected Sir,
After u answered my question on 6th July I am very much relieved from tension. I was bit worried at that time.

but headache continued many days for my girlfriend.. don't know why ? And now day before yesterday we kissed each other. nothing else was there.
From yesterday onward again throat pain started for her. and at night headache was there and vomittings happened ? anything serious doctor ??
is anything related to STD or STI in her case ?? Is this because of the oral sex we had ??
what could possibly be the problem ??
i started to worry very much.. please help doctor
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your girl friend's symptoms are unlikely to be due to STD causes.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Your girl friend performed oral sex on you.
As long as you are sure that you were not involved in any type of sexual activity other than this particular girl friend, you need not worry about the possibility of STD with your girl friend.
Head ache, fever, vomiting are not uncommon with a severe type of sore throat. Relapse of sore throat indicates either antibiotics fail to eliminate the infection totally or the antibiotics given are not so effective against the organisms causing the sore throat.
You better meet another experienced ENT specialist and get her well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
last month when I posted my question, that time her parents took her to a doctor. The doctor is a B.A.M.S, PG Dy. Don't know whether he is qualified doctor or not. He gave the following medications
1. cefixime 200mg
2. Zincold
3. Nexpro RD 40
4. Nimulid MD (Nimesulide flavoured disperable tablets)
5. Pantop as Injection
I attached the prescription also Sir.
The doctor also said her eyes were very dry and gave her drops.
Today she is having the same symptoms as last time i.e., cough, throat pain, headache and fever.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
ENT specialist is the best doctor to treat your girl friend.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
B.A.M.S. Doctors are not authorized to prescribe modern medicine drugs (Allopathy). All the drugs prescribed for her were not at all ayurvedic drugs where the doctor's degree belongs to Ayurvedic.
There are other good drugs also available for her treatment. If they are resistant throat swab for culture and sensitivity has to sent and the treatment has to be planned according to the outcome of the test result.
Better consult a specialist in throat infection. She will be alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist