What causes sore throat and ear pain while swallowing?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a slight sore throat and get ear pain sometimes when I swallow. Today I also looked at the roof of my mouth and it is yellowish with a couple red dots I seen about 2. A couple weeks ago I was really sick with a bad runny nose, dry cough, like mucus in my chest, sore throat. Pretty much all of that is gone but this slight sore throat and yellowish color on the roof of my mouth. Also little pieces of meat on bottom of tongue. I went to the emergency room about a week ago for my blood pressure and mouth, and was put on a IV with steroids in the water and was told this was to help the swelling and get blood pressure down. Was prescribed medicine for my blood pressure but they didn't prescribe anything for my mouth and I'm still having all the same symptoms so I would like to know what I should do...Roof of mouth still yellowish my uvula is yellow, pieces of meat under tongue, red dots on tongue and sore throat still.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probable bacterial infection, need Antibiotics and an analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Persistence of these symptoms that you described are suggestive of a probable infection with bacteria. I think antibiotics and pain killers are required here.

Penicillin V for ten days and Acetaminophen should be sufficient. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain