question-icon

What causes small painful bumps with pus around the nose?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: Small dots with pus some times with pain also without pain develop around nose and on the nose. Fully cured by using erythromycin lotion/cream. Now the no cream/lotion/ointment is available which contains erythromycin 3-4%. Can you please suggest some other alternative
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Aloe vera gel is effective.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Aloe vera gel is a good alternative in place of using erythromycin cream for staphylococcus aureus skin infection.

Aloe vera gels are available over the counter also. Studies have shown that it is effective in killing staphylococcus aureus including MRSA.

It is also better to take chewable vitamin C regularly which will give you immunity against such skin infections.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Nishad BN