What causes small black flecks in stool?
upper GI bleed
Thanks for your query.
Upper gastrointestinal bleeding can be presented as black flecks in the stool. For this you have to get a Upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy.
The blood from the upper GI tract like stomach, duodenum gets altered in the acid of the stomach and become black in colored due to formation of acid hematin.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of passing small quantity of stool
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black tarry stools
- What causes black runny stool
- What could cause small white chunks in stool
- What causes a black paste stool
- What causes black specks in stool
- What causes black watery stools
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause