What causes slight yellow discharge in the left breast of a child?
Please get her evaluated by a physician
Thanks for choosing this platform
Small amount of yellowish discharge can occur in this age at the time when menstruation starts.Other causes like low thyroid level,any medication causing secretion of milk and less commonly any cause of increased prolactin should be looked for.
I won't get overly worried as the color is yellowish not green or red which if present suggests some breast pathology.
I suggest you to consult a physician for clinical evaluation and also to rule out any cause if there.
Most likely of benign nature
Thanks for follow up
I agree that in most of the cases in this age, it is benign in nature and does not need any specific treatment.
The pore beside the nipple can be XXXXXXX gland (a gland which secretes sebum) or dilated lacteal duct.
So there is nothing to worry much.Still it is always better to consult your physician for clinical evaluation and also to rule out other remote possibilities.
I hope,I am able to alleviate your anxiety to some extent.
If you have any doubt,please feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for burning pain in left breast
- What causes discomfort and tightness under the left breast
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What causes swelling under my left breast
- What causes spasms under the left breast and ribs
- What causes yellow spots on the breast
- What could be cause of left breast pain
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast
- What could cause pain and liquid discharge from left breast