What causes shortness of breath and indigestion?

Question
I have been having shortness of breath, some indigestion, discomfort in my left arm and left shoulder and neck. All of these symptoms occur more often at night. Sometimes i feel very out of it and my face gets tingly. This has been going on for about a month now but it seems to be getting worse.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cardiac work up necessary

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

From your description of symptoms first I would like to you get evaluated for cardiac problem. It could be a angina, better to get ECG, ECHO and cardiac enzymes test done. Any derangements in cardiac work up need to treated as early as possible. You need not get panic, better to rule out emergency conditions first.

Other possible cause with similar presentation is peptic disease. Which can be confirmed with endoscopy of upper GI tract. With acid reducing medications , your symptoms do reduce.

As your symptoms needs to get physical examination done and investigated according to findings, better to consult your physician for further work up.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related queries.