What causes short and light periods after a tubal litigation?
NORMAL CHANGES, GET A WORKUP DONE ANYWAY
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
It is quite common for some women to experience a change in their menstrual pattern after a tubal ligation.
Periods might get heavier or lighter and the duration also might change.
THis is due to changes in the hormones and blood supply after the surgery.
SO do not worry.
As long as you have no other ominous symptoms ( heavy bleeding, inter menstrual bleeding, post coital bleeding etc ), you have no cause for concern.
It is also advisable to have a gynaeological examination just in case.
I would have performed a thorough internal check up - per vaginum and per speculum.
Also a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan.
Sometimes, due to premature ageing and hormonal issues, the lining of the uterus shrinks and menstrual flow diminishes.
An infection or adhesions ( resulting from childbirth, abortions or other intra uterine procedures ) can also cause this, it is less likely as you have no other symptoms such as extreme pain, foul smelling discharge, fever etc.
Is the cramping and lower back pain alongwith breast tenderness only during your periods or present even otherwise ?
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
ADDITIONAL TESTS SUGGESTED
Please do not apologize.
I am here to help you, discuss with you and talk to you about your health issues, you can freely open up.
THank you for your appreciation too.
Please get the following tests also done - TSH ( thyroid test ), calcium and vitamin D levels.
You can take antispasmodics during your periods.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for light periods
- What causes abnormal periods after tubal litigation
- What causes shorter and light periods
- Cramping and light spotting after period what is the cause
- What causes light periods
- What is the cause of light discharge after period
- What could be the cause for short periods
- What causes delayed periods after tubal ligation
- What causes light periods after unprotected sex
- What causes light periods compared to normal periods