What causes sharp pain under the knee cap while walking?
You are developing patella femoral arthritis
I have studied your case. I think due to cycling and age related degenerative process you are developing patello femoral arthritis. This is causing pain during knee bending. I have following suggestions for you.
1. Avoid sqautting and sitting cross leg.
2. Stop cycling or any exercise which required excessive knee bending.
3.Tablet Etorixoxib one daily.
4.Hot water fomentation and physiotherapy.
5.Volitran ointment local application along with 1000 mg calcium Daily and 60000 unit per week vitamin D for six weeks.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
it is acute on chronic disease
Arthritis is a slow growing long term process. But some time there is acute attack. So I think you have acute attack at present, may be you stand for long time or sit or travel a lot in last few days. You need to follow steps as I mentioned above.
Knee loading is more when we are getting down from stairs and doing squatting. So avoiding such activity will prevent acute attack. Though we can not prevent progression of arthritis, we can just make it slow.
Let me know if there is any other follow up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes sharp pain under the breast and breathlessness
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in knee when bending
- What causes sharp pain under the breast
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain and sorness in knees
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- Sharp pains under skin above knee cap