What causes severe neck pain, restless legs, burning sensation in feet and constipation?

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I'm currently experiencing some very odd symptoms.............Extreme neck pain ( head feels like it weights 50 lbs and my neck is stiff and painful) , My back muscle feel as though I'm being torn apart from the inside out, I have restless legs, My feet are on fire, I have a burning numbness in my left frontal thigh area (This sensation varies in both legs, I have bouts of spontaneous charley horses in my calf and thighs while sleeping, I have soaking might sweats, Constipation, Impotence ( No libido) .., My T Level is near zero.... test indicate that I'm not producing any ( Viagra, Levitra, Cialis are ineffective). 57 year old male. Currently on meds Tribenzor for Hypertention. Tamsulosin for a stab at BPH ......any hints as to what direction I should be seeking advice or diagnostic inquiry?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Differential diagnosis of disease and approach

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. As per your symptoms, you should consult neurologist for muscle pain, numbness and autonomic symptoms. Also consult endocrinologist to rule out

: Diabetes Mellitus and neuropathy
: Hypo or hyperthyroidism
: B12 deficiency

The generalised muscular pain in your age could be due to vitamin D deficiency. It is very common. It leads to low calcium in body and manifests as
: Myalgia
: Weak bones and prone to fracture
: Unexplained body ache

If all tests come out to be normal, then consult Psychiatrist to rule out

: Depression - Sometimes it present like organic illness. It is suspected only after ruling out organic cause. Common symptoms of it are loss of interest, negative thoughts, low stamina, loss of sleep, early morning awakening, decreased appetite, loss of libido, body ache. It can occur due to hypothyroidism, some chronic illness, family history of it, some mental stress.

You can discuss it with your doctor and reach unto some conclusion. You can message me all your reports. It will help me in ruling out some causes.

Hope it will help you. If still in doubt, do let me know.

Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar