What causes severe muscle pain and weak arms and legs

Rheumatologist
Question
Over the past few days I have developed sudden severe muscle ache and perceived weakness in my arms legs and neck. Blood test a week before was fine. Blood test after it started showed CRP level of 64 and slightly raised uric acid. Also lymphocytes were incredibly high.

I have had more blood tests today but they will be a week.

My hands don't feel like they are working properly.

I'm very worried. Any insights?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that what symptoms you are telling are very non specific and it will not be possible to give you a diagnosis based on this only . But still in my opinion CPK , Serum Aldolase , Vitamin D levels needs to be done .

Uric acid will not lead to such problem . If you have any swelling over any joint the Rheumatoid factor should be tested . You can discuss regarding that with your treating doctor . Since your CRP is high there is a possibility of autoimmune disease like lupus also so ANA and ENA porfile is highly advisable .

Dr. Shruti