Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What causes severe muscle cramps with slight fever?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I have severe muscle cramps, especially in my legs. I also have a slight fever and just don't feel very well. Are muscular cramps one of the flu symptoms?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Slight fever,muscular cramps are signs of flu... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Having a slight fever and general not-feeling well can be considered as flu symptoms. However, as I've noticed that you have a previous history of strep infection, I'd suggest to get checked by a physician to prevent another strep attack. Usually flu (viral) infection weakens the immune system, giving rise to bacterial infections such as Group A strep infection. I also advise to get plenty of water, rest more and take multivitamin supplementation containing vit.C and magnesium and vit.B complex to ease your symptoms. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor