What causes severe back pain, heart palpitations, weight loss and joint pain?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: I have a lot of pain in the back. it's a sharp pain in my left side back right at the end of the rib cage. is this kidney or liver maybe? have had a lot of other symptoms such as heart palpitations, weight loss, joint pain and shortness of breath and more. I can't tell if it's kidney or liver possibly. which one does it sound like? it hurts when I press on the spot. what kind of tests would I do to check out that area?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
More likely kidney.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

At the point you mentioned usually one gets the kidney ache.
Liver ache is usually in the front right upper part of abdomen just below ribs.

First of a you should get yout basic blood works done. This will tell about infection also your RFT will tell kidney and LFT will tell liver function. Urine RE will tell if there is something wrong in yrine like blood or some sand which might indicate a stone.

Then you can later get an ultrasound abdomen to see if there is actually a stone or any other parhology i would suggest you to visit your doctor and discuss all the options.

Till then i would advise you to:
1) Take good bit of rest.
2) Drink loads of fluids even if not thirsty.
3) Take tablet ibuprofen if in pain.
4) Tylenol can also be taken
5) Visit your primary ASAP.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..