What causes severe acne while on Diane?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi - ive been taking diane (birth control pills off and on) i wanted to know if i can continue taking this medicine for a long persiod - is it safe? I have an erosion on the cervix - and i am on anti depressants and have poly cystic overaries. What are the risks? I also have severe acne
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Keep taking pills

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, Thanks for writing to us with our health concerns.
Nothing to worry you can continue taking Diane as before.
But as regards erosion you should get a Pap smear and a cautery at the earliest.
Acne and polycystic ovaries will improve on these pills.
All the best
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 50 minutes later
Thanks - also does taking paxidep cr 12.5 once a day.. hope thats ok
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take it

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear you can take that as well
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj