What causes severe abdominal bloating and pain?
Welcome to the HCM,
Since endoscopy is a test to see the upper gastrointestinal tract in detail and to investigate the cause of your symptoms so it can be treated accordingly. Bloating or acidity may occur due to esophagus , gastric or duodenum (all are parts of upper gastrointestinal tract) ulcer.
Since H. pylori is a bacteria, which commonly causes these symptoms and ulcer, so the tissue is taken to investigate, to confirm if these symptoms are because of H.pylori infection, so it can be treated accordingly with the right antibiotic and medicines course.
As your endoscopy test shows that there is normal esophagus and duodenum but the erosion in antrum ( a stomach part) means ulcer in stomach (gastric ulcer ) is seen.
For treating gastric ulcer antacids and proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before food are advised. Also avoiding spicy, fried and heavy food would help.
Hopefully my answer will be helpful, please let me know If I need to clarify more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal bloating causes
- Abdominal bloating and back pain
- Sudden abdominal bloating and pain
- Severe abdominal bloating and pain
- Painful intercourse and abdominal bloating
- Abdominal bloating pain and acne
- Severe abdominal bloating
- Stomach and abdominal bloating causes
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy
- What causes abdominal bloating with weight gain