What causes severe Right lower quadrant abdominal pain?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am having severe lower right abdominal pain, and it hurts pretty badly to push in on my stomach in that location as well, nausea, low grade fever, lower back pain, and groin pain. I've had a cystoscope procedure and it ruled out kidney stones and infection. I had a HIDA scan and it came back normal as well. I am miserable and it seems like when I try to eat a little something a few hours later my condition worsens for a good long while. Pre cystoscope and HIDA, I was mainly having groin pain and back back. However it's only been in the last few days that my symptoms have gotten worse and more plentiful. I'm afraid it's appendicitis or something else serious in the GI realm.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Acute Appendicitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr

Right lower quadrant pain associated with fever, nausea and loss of appetite definitely suggest the possibility of Acute Appendicitis. Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical assessment by Surgeon and collaborated by raised Leucocyte count and Ultrasound abdomen.
I would suggest you to consult your Physician for further assessment.

Do keep me updated about progress.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh