What causes residual liver dysfunction while suffering from dengue fever?

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I suffered from dengue a week before. Now there is no fever but weakness. Doctor says that there is little swelling to my liver. Whether I can take non-veg food in my lunch or dinner. Whether, I can take at least eggs in my breakfast ? Besides that, I am practicing Advocate, whether can I attend my regular work as I am taking rest for last 14 days. According to my last medical report dt. 30th Sept. 2015, my platlets are 243 and SGPT is 97.0 Kindly, advice me.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid fried foods and nonvegetarian diet

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concerns.

You seem to have residual liver dysfunction caused by dengue fever.

You will take at least 2-3 weeks to completely recover from viral illness.

I suggest you rest for another week.

Avoid non-veg, fried and fatty foodstuff.

You can take Fish and egg.They are good nutrients.

Take foods like Oatmeal for breakfast and as a side dish for lunch.

Consume fruits like Apple and Pomegranate.

These changes will help you to recover quickly

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T