• question-icon

What causes redness, swelling and pain in the groin area?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello,
I had a relatively large spermatocele on my right testicle and yesterday it burst due to a blow to the groin. There still seems to be a partial cyst but have some pain in the groin area and the right side of the scrotum is red as well as an area around the pubic wall and the area feels warm on the inside. Suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question and i understand your concer.
I would suggest to go to your local doctor for further evaluation ( physical examiantion) and treatment(full drainage of the spermatocele).

The symtoms you describe ( red and warm,pain are sign of inflammation after the cyst burst) and infection may happen as a further complication if you don't see your local doctor as soon as possible.
Meanwhile use cold comoresses , take painkillers - Paracetamol/Ibuprofen.

Hope you find my answer helpful.
Let me know if you have any further questions, will be happy to help.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rudina Balliu