What causes redness and itching on the eyelids and under the eyes?

Question
redness and itching eyelids and under eyes. Swelling of the area which is red and under eye. Month ago put Cortizone 10 crème around the eye. Have discontinued the cortisone 10. Redness and itching continues which seems the medication has worsened the symtoms. Thank you.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would suggest a combination cream.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Corticosteroid creams alone (cortisone) can worsen the symptoms if there is other infection like bacterial or fungal.
So I would suggest a combination cream containing antifungal agents like miconazole antibacterial like Neomycin and corticosteroid like hydrocortisone or betamethasone for local application. If the swelling is more then oral antibiotics also will be required.

Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks