What causes reddish inflamed area between eyebrows?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I developed a red raised area between my eye brows. At first I believed it was a pimple. Five days later ot was still painful and raised and I was beginning to have itching and shooting pains to my right eye. I have no blisters or drainage. I have had the shingles vaccine several years ago. What can I try to improve the symptoms? My doctor put me on Reflex two days ago with no change in symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Corticosteroids cream and alcohol solution.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

We could judge better about the nature of the forehead lesion if you could upload a picture of it.

However, it is probably under skin tissue inflammation/infection such cellulitis, folliculitis that is causing the raised area.

Local application of Alcohol solution 70%, 5-6 times a day should help improve it.

If the skin over the raised area is intact, use of topical cream such Methylprednisolone ( Advantan ) also is indicated.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 19 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Do you think the Reflex needs to be taken along with your suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reflex didn't worked for two days.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

If reflex didn't helped you after two days of use, I don't think it needs to be used any longer.

Hope I helped you.