How can ankle pain from cellulitis be treated after finishing the antibiotic course?
Restart treatment and get a MRI of ankle/foot.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
It seems that he has some kind of infection in ankle and foot which was partly relieved by antibiotics and has come back after stopping antibiotics.
You have not mentioned any x ray finding or duration of illness/ antibiotic course.
I would recommend MRI of the affected part to rule out any bony infection . Bone infection may involve surgery.
In the meantime continue antibiotic and pain killer + limb elevation of pillows.
Hope to hear from you with MRI Report.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How common is cellulitis after abdominoplasty
- Cellulitis spreading after antibiotics
- Severe pain after cellulitis
- Pain after cellulitis
- Antibiotic used to treat cellulitis
- Arm pain after cellulitis
- How long does cellulitis last after starting an antibiotic
- Cellulitis on nose worse after antibiotic
- How long does antibiotic take to treat cellulitis
- Cellulitis after abdominoplasty oral antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?