What causes red swollen itchy sore rashes on elbow?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Red itching swelling sore rash on my elbow what do i do?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like an allergic reaction.
Apply a mild steroid cream like fluticasone and take an antihistamine tablet.
Apply ice on the affected area.
This should help you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Skin rash

Hi! I am a 44 year old woman who was diagnosed with Mono approx 1 mo ago. initially I was feeling malaise, exhaustion and my throat swelled up w soreness and I lost my voice. I was diagnosed with Strep, tx with Amoxicillan and then 6 days on the antibiotic I started getting random welts on my body, very itchy and pins and needles type feeling on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I then broke out in a rash. So I took myself off the Amox. thinking I may be ahving an allergic reaction and took Benadryl. Being I was away I came home 9 days after tat still feeling malaise. rash not so bad but the itchy palms and feet were still there. My throat swelled up again and I went bk to the MD. he then drew titers for Scarlet fever and Mono. I was then diagnosed with Mono! I was told fluids, bedrest and Zyrtec D as well as Advil for pain. I am starting to feel like myself however, the itcy and pins and needles feeling in both palms of my hands and feet have reappeared. I tend to still get random welts that don t hurt or itch, they just appear like blotches and disappear after some time. I am concerned that these symptoms are not a part of this diagnosis. What else could it be? Thanks...Maria

I had a shingles shot on 1/7/14. The soreness and slight rash has diminished. Lat night I had a headache. This morning I woke up with the same headache and I am dizzy. Is this a side affect and how long will it last? And what can I do about it? Thank you, Donna Means

I have a red rash all over my face. First it gets very bumpy feeling the the red rash comes and it itches sometimes. What might be causing this? I have been allergy tested and have no allergies. I have been to several Doctors and still no answer.

hi doctor ,i had caterpillar bite n it was rash of welts.i was given dexa to stop further growth of the rash and candacort to dry the welts.they dried but one or two welts keep recurring always.even after getting another doze of dexa n continous applications of the cream.tthey dry then another shows up,wat would be the problem ?

I have pain and swelling under my upper arm on both sides. I am 70 female.

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and is not going away...I had read somewhere in the webmd website that facial rashes are the first sign...

I am getting skin rash after taking Bactrim. Hands, feet. Should I take Benadryl?