What causes red rashes all over the body?

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hi doctor my sons skin at the front and back has developed this red rash like small spots thats abit swollen its all over and very red. He had a custard biscuit, macaroni cheese pureed (with his milk) maybe that has caused it?
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rash

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question and looked at the picture of the rash.
It definitely looks like a reaction.
You can give him 1/2 teaspoon of benadryl to help alleviate the rash. If this doesn't work, or the rash reappears, consult with your doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:

Just looked. The diagnosis remains the same. Nothing to panic about. Just treat with benadryl and follow up with your doctor if the rash doesn't improve.
Follow up: Dr. Eric Goldstein 2 minutes later
Hi I have uploaded another picture
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Im sorry. I have not seen any new attachments here.
Follow up: Dr. Eric Goldstein 6 minutes later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:

You can safely give the baby 2.5 ml. Keep in mind that it can only be given once every 24 hours.
Follow up: Dr. Eric Goldstein 3 minutes later
Hi I can't find the medicine u recommended however I found piriton syrup it says suitable for children 1 year and over dosage 2.5 ml so is it safe to give my 7 month old like half or 1 ml?