What causes rashes near groin area?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,

I have rashes near my groin, however they are not so itchy..but sometimes i feel burning sensation.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are very well suggestive of ringworm thats fungal infection.

Many antifungal creams can clear the condition in around two weeks. Examples of such preparations include those that contain clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole, econazole , naftifine and terbinafine . Any one cream can be used.

Rarely systemic treatment may be needed with antifungal tablet like griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grifulvin, and Gris-PEG).

Regular dusting with antifungal powder will also help in addition to this.

Minimizing sweat and moisture can help prevent fungal infections.

Please ask if i have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks a lot for the answer.
Can you please tell me the usage of the creams, i mean how long to apply and how frequent?
Also which one of these can i get easily from the medical store ?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Twice daily.

Detailed Answer:
Apply creams twice daily after bath and in evening after you freshen up for two weeks and if need 3 weeks.

All of them are available at a good medical store.

Regards.