What causes purple spots all over body?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash
Question: brown/purple spots have developed around my body and face last couple of days. I had protected sex 4 days ago which is the only thing I can connect to this. It does not itch but anus kind of feels discomfort
It seems that anus/rectum has some spots as well. It does feel uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
additional information required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

From The description given the cause of rash is unlikely to be due to sexual encounter. Even then it is needed to completely analyse it. It would be very helpful if you could provide me the following additional information

1. Clinical photograph of the lesions
2. Is there any while passing stools
3. Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning sensation while passing urine?
4. The detail of sexual encounter

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 days later
2. What do you mean is there any while passing stools?
3. No urinary symptoms or burning sensation. There is no rash but small spots like Lunars keep appearing each day. Brownish/light purple is their color
4. Details of encounter:
Oral sex was unprotected but regular sex was done with protection. It was with a male thats what I'm most concerned with. A couple of days I took a comprehensive STD test and today all came back negative except Herpes 1 which most people have.
1. How can I send you pics through here?
I am freaking out as more spots keep appearing each day. I did go to a dermatologist in Mexico as I live in a bordertown and he said that was normal but how can it be normal when I didnt have those spots before?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can mail to YYYY@YYYY

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings

You can upload the images in upload report or alternatively mail to
YYYY@YYYY

Subject line should be " Attention Dr T Shobha Deepak"

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 13 hours later
I have uploaded a couple of pics in "upload reports" and will send them via email just in case you are not able to see them. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
They are due to blocked skin pores

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

Those brown spots are nowhere related to sexual exposure. They usually occur due to blocked skin pores associated with itching.

Steam inhalation of the face will be helpful.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 18 hours later
So if more keep coming out, is that normal? Never had this happened to me be thats why.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It's quite normal and there is no cause for concern.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak