What causes post nasal drip when diagnosed with headache?

Posted on Wed, 13 Sep 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Can cancer in the cheek be missed on sinus CT scan or MRI? I ask because I am afraid that I have oral or maxillary sinus cancer. I've had post nasal drip for 7 months as well as excruciating headaches everyday. I also have pressure and pain in my cheek an d for the past month I've have 24/7 vertigo. I had a sinus CT which showed mild thickening in the maxillary sinus as well as a sinus cyst. I then had a MRI that showed the same. I've felt so weak and run down, my ENT refuses to do a biposy.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It cannot be missed

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Please relax. You need not to worry. For all practical.purposes, a scan of sinuses also covers cheeks and since you have undergone 2 scans and they are negative for cancer, no further action is required. You suffer from sinus infectiom most likely. Please follow ent surgeon advice.
Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist