What causes positive followed by negative pregnancy test results?
get a serum beta hcg test done
Thanks for the query,
As both the urine pregnancy test kits show dichotomous and contradictory results, it is better that you may get a serum beta hcg test done, which is a blood test.
If the hcg levels are more than 5mIU, then you are surely pregnant , else you are not.
Often there are false positives results seen with urine pregnancy test kits, so serum beta hcg test should be undertaken instead.
The resulting second line should be as dark as the first line.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hyperthyroidism cause negative pregnancy test results
- Can loestrin cause a false positive result on pregnancy test
- What causes delayed periods with negative pregnancy test
- What does the result negative means in pregnancy test
- Positive pregnancy test results
- Delayed periods pregnancy test negative what is causing the delay
- What causes missed periods with negative pregnancy test
- What causes bleeding after a positive pregnancy test
- Irregular periods spotting pregnancy test negative what is causing this
- What can cause delayed periods even after negative pregnancy test