What causes pins and needles in hands and feet?
Diabetes/Neuropathy/Vitamins deficiency/Alcohol-Nerve conduction studies.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
If you would have presented to me as an outpatient,I would have told you that these symptoms are a manifestation of peripheral neuropathy.Certain investigations should be done in order to look for etiology of these symptoms:
1)Blood sugar-fasting and post prandial
2)Serum vitamin B12 levels
3)Nerve conduction studies
Also,please tell a few details to support the search for diagnosis-
1)Do you take alcohol-If yes,with what frequency?
2)Any past medical history?
3)Any history of similar symptoms in past?
Lastly but importantly,Anxiety is important cause for these symptoms.So,please start the following management plan for now-
1)Mental relaxation exercises/Yoga/Meditation
2)Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg per day
3)Pregabalin 75 mg per day
ALL MEDICINES SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PHYSICIAN'S CONSENT AND GUIDANCE ONLY.
If you have no futher questions,please close the thread-rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me else I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pins needles in vagina
- Pins and needles feeling in hands and feet is caused by what
- Causes pins and needles feet around anus
- What cause of pins and needles feeling in feet
- What causes pins and needles sensation
- What causes pins and needles in the mouth
- What causes pain with pins and needles
- Duromine cause pins and needles in hand
- What causes pin prick sensation in hands and feet
- Does ketosis cause pins and needles in hands and feet