What causes pinched nerve spasms in the hip region?
Also traveled 34 hours from overseas by plane this week
it is possible that may be related to flight
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The nerves that are responsible for the lower limbs emerge from the lower aspect of the spine.
Nerve related pain tends to be intermittent with no factors that either cause it or cause it to decrease, it may be burning, stinging, tingling, sharp etc
In more severe injury , bowel or bladder function may be affected.
The long flight or extended travelling could have put pressure on the lower back, this should be temporary and resolve within a week if it is the only cause.
Other causes of abnormal function of the nerves are--(1)low vitamin b12 and folate
(4)liver or kidney disease
(5)side effect of medication
(6)abnormal vitamin b6 level
(7)nerve conditions such as ms or stroke
(8)infection such as shingles
Sometimes the cause is not found
Normally over the counter pain killers such as aleve or advil can be started initially but if these are not effective then your doctor can give you stronger medication. There are also meds that are used for nerve related pain.
Imaging may be needed if it does not resolves or worsens.
Rest would be an important aspect of treatment.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The pain is only when I stand. OK when sitting and laying down.
I also have heard of of blood clots associated with extended flights.
usually associated with changes in the calf
Yes, clots can occur with extended flights but this tends to cause calf symptoms usually
There would be pain, swelling,increased warmth and redness of calf.
The pain is usually also persistent.
clots at the hip can occur but they are rare. Would cause swelling and other symptoms of the entire lower limb since there is a blockage of blood flow of the entire limb
Please feel free to ask anything else
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pinched nerve causing fainting
- Mirena causes pinched nerve
- Pinched nerve cause of masturbation
- Muscle spasm pinched nerve
- Pinched nerve causing torticollis
- Pinched nerve causing hypertension
- Pinched nerve causing arrhythmia
- Pinched nerve that causes rash
- Pinched nerve causing pvc's
- Abortion causing pinched nerve
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?