question-icon

What Causes Persistent Dizziness, Fatigue And Heart Palpitations?

Posted on Sun, 15 Oct 2017
Question: I've had a number of symptoms that have appeared about 3months ago,I am 34 yrs old,female,asthma,scoliosis,eczema, I've had bloodwork (showing low iron and potassium ),breast ultrasound,chest xray,ecg,and urinalysis (showing blood in urine),so was treated for kidney infection, my symptoms are dizziness,fatigue,pain on left side (chest,neck,shoulder,ribs,hip and leg ),numbness in feet occasionally, headaches,racing heart/-palpitations,nausea,,is it possible these symptoms can be due to
low potassium leves
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes it could be

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that all the symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, palpitations etc can very well occur due to electrolyte levels derangements.

It's advisable to get serum electrolytes levels checked and also an ecg. Low levels of potassium are not good for heart health.

I hope this will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist