What is Breast ultrasound?
It is also known as sonomammography. It is one of baseline investigations for any breast pathology including breast lump, breast abscess, etc. It is specially indicated in younger women less than 30 years in whom mammography could not be done. In this procedure breast ultrasound is done through linear probe starting periphery towards areola, including all quadrants, axillary tail and ipsilateral axilla.
Questions and answers on "Breast ultrasound"
Health resources related to Breast ultrasound
- Dark spots on breast ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound instead of mammogram
- Reasons for breast ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound results
- I need a breast ultrasound
- Lumps in breast ultrasound clear any other accurate test
- Hypoechoic mass breast ultrasound
- Spot on breast ultrasound
- Lymph node on breast ultrasound
- Abnormal breast ultrasound results