What causes persistent diarrhea and stomach cramps post a colectomy?
Stomach flu / gastroenteritis. Post colectomy sequelae
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Diarrhea from the last few days with no prior history of diverticulitis or any other gastric discomfort and no pain on palpation is likely a stomach flu also called gastroenteritis. With colectomy in history, odds of loose motions are very high and recurrent and just needs conservative management and efforts to slow down the bowel movement peristalsis .
Right now, all you need to do is continue taking pepto and imodium and take BRAT diet ( Banana, rice, applesauce and toast) green tea and pomegranate juices for the relief and till full recovery. Also get evaluated and have some work up like stool exam, blood work up to sort out other possibilities.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sweating diarrhea stomach cramps cold chills
- Treatment for vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps acid reflux
- Bleeding nose diarrhea stomach cramps
- Vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps reason
- Chronic diarrhea stomach cramps taking imodium remedy
- Diarrhea stomach cramps fever headache
- Feeling tired diarrhea stomach cramps how to overcome this problem
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and feeling sick
- What is the cure for diarrhea stomach cramps and nausea
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and headache
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...