Suggest remedies for abdominal pain along with mucus in stool

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in General Health
Question: I have had severe diarea for 3 weeks and lower stomach pain mucus in stools
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to get a stool done. When was your last colonoscopy?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully.

1. Have you ever done a colonoscopy? If yes, when was the last time and what were the findings?

2. Stop imodium. It is not good taking imodium when the cause of diarrhea is yet to be identified. This because it is not advised if you have diarrhea of infectious origin.

3. You need to have a stool test done. For this, send a stool sample to the nearest laboratory and upload the results to me for review. Infections are the most common cause of diarrhea.

4. Increase fluid intake so as to avoid getting dehydrated from excess fluid loss with watery stools.

5. Is there any blood in stools?

I wish you well and waiting to hear back from you before making conclusive statements.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T