What causes persistent chronic nausea and lightheadedness?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have chronic nausea, sometimes worse days and can be lightheaded. i have had a full stool screening and everything is clear,incuding infectious disease concerns as i have traveled outside the us recently. my appetite is so-so. i never get to a point where i vomit and dont have a fever. this has been a problem for several months.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult gastroenterologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sleplep,

Welcome to HCM,
You need to evaluate the exact cause of the nausea. Inflammation of liver, pancreas, GERD, appendicitis, pelvic inflammation.

If these things are ruled most likely to be due to stomach muscular disorder.
Consult a gastroenterologist and rule out the causes. As physical examinations and investigations are very necessary to find out the etiology.

Any query do get back,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj