What causes perineal raphe?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: i have a perineal raphe and am a 42 year old woman. what causes this? it itches and i want to know causes in women. how to fix it?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

The perineal raphe is a visible line or ridge of tissue on the human body that extends from the anus through the perineum.

It is normal.

Are you having a tear or swelling or rash there?

Can you upload a pic so that i have a better idea.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 9 minutes later
I was told a few months ago this was a hernia so was misdiagnosed . What causes this to happen? The pinwheel look is very scary that has happened with my skin. Is this from a hernia or is this a yeast or something else?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Dear      XXXXXX,

Please upload a pic without which it is not possible for me to tell if its hernia, or yeast or something else.

Your confidentiality will be maintained.

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX