What causes pea sized lump on neck?
Could be lymph nodes
Thanks for writing to us.
Based on the description you had given it could be lymph nodes.
These enlarge whenever there is infection in the draining area ( anywhere in head or throat or ear)
If not painful and no increase in size, no need to worry.
Keep a close watch for a week.
If he develops any symptoms like fever cold or throat pain or ear pain, etc or if the swelling increase in size or become painful you need to consult with your pediatrician.
Check his scalp for dandruff too. If present consult doctor for treatment.
Wishing your child good health
And speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes painless lump on side of my neck
- What causes lumps along the back side of neck
- What causes painless lump on neck
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- Lump in neck tiredness what may be the cause
- Small movable pea sized lump on neck caused by muscle tighness
- Small lump in neck cause
- Lumps on neck chest cause
- Lump in neck that causes gagging
- Neck lump caused by mold