What causes intermittent headaches?
a time .they start in front and go around my head ,some nausea and ear pain or hot sensation around ears and floaters that make it hard to read or write .and also a running nose during these headaches.My vitamin D IS AT 28ng vitamin B12 at 371pg. which I was told was low and could contribute to my headaches and anxiety . I was concerned about my heart and bp but it averages 126-79 pulse 70 so I was told no problems ,I did not see a DR .the nurse practitioner handled my visit ,she was extremely helpful more so than some GP that I have seen .so she gave me viatmin tips to raise my levels ,but I forgot to ask what to do about the headaches and to ask her if she was concerns about them .she also suggested using VIIBYRD and gave me samples .Any Ideas what these headaches are from and how to handle them thanks . My DR.is retiring that is my reason for changing D.r . and I understand anxiety plays a role in my life over the last year ,I am not a hypochondriac I only share my ailments with My Doctors just wanted that mentioned .and I am trying hard to regain a normal life thanks for any help.
Need prohylaxis for migraine and tension headaches
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, the kind of associated symptoms alongwith headache need to be assessed for migraine headaches but the element of stress related anxiety headaches should also be considered.
The levels of B12 and D3 that you have shared aren't low enough to trigger such headaches. But replacing the below normal levels isn't a bad idea however for headache relief potent analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen alongwith anxiolytics like the Lexapro that you had been precribed can also help.
Prophylaxis from recurrent attacks may need sodium valproate or beta blockers like propranolol. If symptoms persist a detailed neurological examination and if needed CT brain will also be needed.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
thanks for helping me .
Yes anxiety headaches can cause these symptoms
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. It's good that CT and MRI were normal. In migraine there aren't significant findings but other causes of headaches due to any objective cause are ruled out by radiological investigations. Like propanolol had already been advised and if not helpful sodium valproate can be used however anxiety headaches are most related in your case and it's better to use anxiolytics like you have already been precribed with. Analgesics like neproxen are helpful but for long term usage stomach protection with antacids like omperazole are better. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Intermittent headache left side
- Intermittent headaches after concussion
- Diabetes intermittent headache causes
- Diagnosis of intermittent headache
- Diagnosis of diabetes intermittent headache
- Intermittent headache causes
- Treatment and cure for intermittent headache
- Symptoms of diabetes intermittent headache
- Intermittent headache stomach ache
- Symptoms of intermittent headache
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?