What causes passing clots prior to periods with terrible abdominal pain?
Best to see your GYN and have a curettage.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Have you ever had such an issue in the past ?
WHen was your last period ?
This could be an abnormally heavy period or an early miscarriage.
If you can go to a gynecologist, that would be best.
You should have an internal exam and a pelvic sonogram to know the reason - just a heavy period due to hormonal imbalance, a fibroid /polyp or a miscarriage.
In any case, you can definitely have a D and C - dilatation and curettage - that will be diagnostic ( pick up the problem when the tissue is sent to the lab for analysis ) and therapeautic ( will relieve you from the pain and clots ).
Since how many days are you passing the clots ?
Also, if you cannot see a doctor, try taking a combination of Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid ( Tranexa - MF ) thrice a day, and a hot water bottle to bed.
That should help a bit.
It is best to see a gynec and have the curettage.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe abdominal pain having late period what is it
- Delayed periods with abdominal pain had flu causes
- What causes lower back pain lower abdominal pain cramps and no period
- What causes missed periods with lower abdominal pain
- Missed period spotting abdominal pain what is happening
- Prolonged period abdominal pain brown spotting cause
- What is lower abdominal pain after period
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- What causes irregualr periods with spotting and abdominal pain
- What causes back and abdominal pain with delayed periods